Barbi is blessed to meet many young Rhode Island families and to share in their first exposure to music. A Sing With B Music Together class is far different from any other Mommy and Me Class in Rhode Island. It is a facilitated bonding experience, it is an educational foundation for learning the language of music, and it is fun, hands-on enrichment! Here is what some families are saying about Sing With B Music Together. They are noticing exciting changes in their children, making new friends, and having a blast doing it. Won't you join them?
- Barbi’s class is the best class around for parents and their kids. Highly recommended!
- Barbi Beyer is able to capture and promote the essence of BEING a child! She is melodic, joyful, and serene, all at the same time. Barbi’s amazing music classes almost have a zen-like feel to them and children respond in individual and unique ways. What elation to become involved in Barbi’s program again for my youngest of three children (after I had experienced a six year hiatus in small-child parenting)…Hooray for Barbi!
- Barbi’s classes are amazing. I’ve been going with my children for almost 4 years now and enjoy each class. It’s a joy to watch my kids learn and develop basic musical skills under her expert guidance. And all in the guise of having fun :). Plus, her class has provided us with a slew of CDs to entertain on long car-trips!
- I began taking Barbi’s Music Together class when my youngest was 6 months old (she is now almost 3!) and I can’t say enough wonderful things! Barbi’s classes are fun for both kids and adults and have been a great way for me to interact with my kids musically. Barbi’s classes have encouraged my children to develop a love of music, both singing and playing instruments. I can’t recommend this class enough!
- Barbi’s Music Together class has allowed my daughter to form an amazing love for music and dance. She can’t wait for class every week, and continues to sing the songs in the car with the provided CD from each session. I have learned the importance of making time for song and dance with both my girls…and definitely see that my 2 1/2yr old shows a better sense of rhythm and tone then i ever will. Barbi thank you for sharing your passion with all of us, it’s people like you who make a positive influence in so many young kids lives!
- We LOVE Barbi’s Music Together classes! Such a fun musical experience for parent and child together - highly recommended!
- Barbi did an amazing job entertaining a group of 17 children, ages 1 through 10, at my daughter’s first birthday party. I was nervous about keeping all the kids engaged and happy at such a large party but she was able to instantly capture their attention with fun songs, dancing and instruments. She kept the kids and adults laughing with her kind and jovial manner. She was also extremely professional and thorough from the booking/reservation to performance and clean up. We would love to have her back for our older child’s birthday party and look forward to seeing her at other birthday parties- as many people asked for her contact info when she left!
- We have taken Music Together for the last year and half and it is the best class I have taken with my children to date. I have an almost 4 year old and a 20 month old. This is a wonderful program to bring into your home. We use Music together daily at home as I am a stay at home Mom and music brings calm to a sometimes crazy house. I put the cd on and my kids are drawn to the music and trying things that they have learned in class. As a former early childhood educator I was taught how music helps with language. I experienced this with my children - my son’s speech is clearer and my daughter sings all the songs. Barbi is such a wonderful passionate teacher who runs each class and is control at all times which amazes me since there is an array of energy levels. She also changes her teaching to make sure everyone is having fun and comfortable. My son gets overwhelmed with crowds and Barbi allows us to come in 5 minutes early so that it is less overwhelming to him. We also hired Barbi to perform at my daughters 1st birthday party. She entertained the children and parents for an hour and a half with 14 kids ranging form 8 months-9 years in my small living room (the party was planned outside but the weather turned on us.) It could of been a disaster with kids running around but she was so entertaining and had instruments for everyone that it was a blast and my house stayed intact. She is such a talented, kind teacher that my husband and I are planning a date night this fall with her to come and watch my children we have not left them since my daughter's birth even with capable family but I trust her and know she will follow our routine. If you take any class this is it!!! I travel from Middletown to NK just for Barbi because she is that good.
- Both of my children truly enjoy their classes led by Barbi. We enjoy listening to the CDs at home and in the car and it always brings smiles to their faces. I truly feel that my son has become so verbal due to his ability to learn these songs and sing along with them. We look forward to the upcoming summer sessions!
- I absolutely love Barbi’s music together classes. My oldest son is now six and he still asks if he can tag along with his younger brother to one of his classes. Barbi’s has taught my children to have a love of music and has nurtured their musical development through fun and developmentally appropriate classes.
- Barbi is fun and gentle, and she is able to keep the attention of the group of kids and babies. The classes nurture musical intelligence in a deep way.
- All three of my children have been involved in music classes since birth. What a treat when we found Ms. Barbi, her class is like no other and we have taken quite a few different programs. I love that she plays the guitar in class and encourages the children to actively participate in so many ways (parachute, various instruments, puppet play) and that active imagination is encouraged. She is able to engage and retain the attention of the children for the entire duration of class.My youngest is a spirited child and Barbi works with this and is able to calm and soothe him through music and keeps him actively and appropriately engaged. The music CD’s are wonderful. In the rare case that I am in the car alone, I find myself still singing along to one of the numerous collections we have. We are blessed to know her. She is a kind, warm, gently, loving and caring woman.
- Review by Crystal Fonseca
- Over the past 5 years since my children were young babies, I have taken Barbi’s class every week with no missed sessions; my children are now 5 years old and 18-month-old twins. Barbi is the best around! I know there are other kids’ music classes in Rhode Island and nearby MA and CT, but Barbi is well worth driving to get to for sure! She uses the recorded Music Together cds but also live music as she entertains us every week with her guitar playing. She is also a wonderful vocalist. Barbi involves everyone in music class, so parents and children (all ages) greatly enjoy and benefit from class. Barbi came to my twins’ 1st bday party, and although I was familiar with her routine from class, I was pleasantly surprised how fun and unique her birthday party was too! My older relatives raved about her and the kids had a very fun time! Barbi is organized and structured, but also flexible enough to try to accommodate people’s needs in the class. Barbi is great about reminding us how to incorporate music in our homes after class. Also, Barbi recently babysat my twins, and my expectations were well met as my children were safe and well cared for and had a particularly fun time playing music with their music teacher!
- My children and I experienced the most positive, rewarding, and fun musical education with Barbi. If you are looking for warmth and joy for the whole family, then you must join one of Barbi’s classes. My family (3 children) spent about 5 years singing and dancing with Barbi and loved every minute.
- Barbi does a wonderful job teaching the kids (and parents!) how to play and enjoy music together. My son still sings along to the CDs in the car long after the classes are over. Highly recommended.
- Ms B helps throw the best birthday parties. We had her for our daughters 2nd birthday party in March — our guests are still talking about her!! She keeps the kids happy, entertained and singing the whole time- us parents could actually spend some time together. Her classes are not to be missed. She really allows kids to “truly just be” who they are. It’s so rare- with all the running around we all do to have these special moments with your kids every week. Ms B gives us that and we are forever in debt to her.
- Barbi Beyer has a love of life and an undeniable talent that coax even the shyest of kids into singing and dancing. The program is designed to bring families together and Barbi brings this idea to life much more successfully than any other children’s class we’ve taken. And, of course, the proof is in the pudding! Every child leaves with a smile and wants to give her a hug at the end. Her class is an absolute gem!
- Barbi played at my son’s first birthday party! All of our guests, infants through adults, had a blast! We received many compliments on how engaging and fun she was. Great activity for any party with children of all ages!
- We have gone to Barbi’s music classes for the last 3 years. My girls love her energy and love that she brings to her classes. I really love how interactive it is and how she tailors each class to the kids in it. I would recommend it to any child 9 months and older.
- Barbi’s Music Together class is by far the best child enrichment class around!! My daughter has attended her music class for the past year and a half and she absolutely loves it! Barbi is so talented and her passion for teaching music to young children definitely shows. The cd’s are wonderful—we play them all the time at home and in the car.
- My son joined Barbi’s class when he was about 18mo just one semester later I noticed he sings songs (on his own) outloud and actually asks for Barbi and her guitar! Super cute! Barbi cares a lot about children and you can tell in every class! We also had Sing w B at Mason’s birthday party and everyone had a blast! Give a class a try!!!
- Our sons took music together many years ago with Barbie when we lived in Cranston. They are now turning 13 and 11, and we still listen to her I See the Moon CD, now in our ITunes library, every night. Thanks so much for the best lullaby CD ever, by anyone.
- Barbi’s class is the best is town! After trying various classes in the area Barbi’s careful planning and enthusiasm is like none other. Teaches children wonderful social skills and an appreciation for music.
- My 21-month old grandson and I just completed another wonderful semester of Music Together with Sing With B Music. We thoroughly enjoy each and every one of the classes. Barbi makes it so much fun, and she always makes the children and adults feel so comfortable. We all experience the music so joyfully. It has been such quality time for my grandson and I to spend together!